Monday, May 30, 2011

Chicago Conference

This past weekend, in the midst of all the other "stuff" going on in the Sexton world, the annual Child Life Conference was held in Chicago. Many months ago, one of my coworkers (Brooke) and I submitted an abstract for a presentation...and we were accepted! On Saturday, we gave an awesome "Humanism in Medicine" presentation...and in my opinion, we knocked it out of the park! I was so happy with the way the whole thing went and I couldn't be more proud of Brooke!! To think it was less than 5 years ago that she was giving her intern presentation to our staff and here she is presenting on the national stage--well done Rookie:)


Brooke and I, less than an hour before our presentation.

The other exciting thing about this conference is that our entire staff had the opportunity to go because of the location! We had a great time with one another and I'm sure there were lots of memories made (I can't help but think of Hope in the backseat of the convertible with the top down...on the highway:)!!) We also had a nice time relaxing AFTER the presentation and I'm pretty sure all of the folks at P.J. Clarke's loved our group too:)


Amber and I...AFTER the presentation...gotta love my work spouse:)

No comments:

Post a Comment