Monday, May 2, 2011

E I E I O....

In honor of Joe's birthday, I thought I'd post a little about the farm.


So this farm season is turning into a bigger endeavor than we expected!! Dominic is old enough for 4-H, so he's starting his 4-H career with PIGS!! He'll probably show 3 of them, but we have 8! Dominic also REALLY wants chickens, so be on the look out for the next chapter of farming attempts!



Last season we had good luck with our cattle co-op, so we thought we'd try again...little did we know that we'd miss the mark on cattle, so we've had a little trouble finding the right size for the right price. So, for now we are going to work on growing our own little herd:) She doesn't look pretty right now, but this little heifer has been very nice and calm around us. I wonder what the boys will decide to name her (hopefully something better than Blade the Cat...but that cat is pretty ugly, so I guess the name fits).

This gal should have a calf to add to the mix in July or August!


Of course, I can't forget a picture of our little farmer in training.
..if he could join 4-H, I'm sure he would!!





Andrew, the pig whisperer...these little guys are MUCH bigger now!

No comments:

Post a Comment